Learn to skate
Whether you or your child’s goal is to achieve olympic fame or simply enjoy the recreational benefits of ice skating, our Learn to Skate Ice Skating Programs are right for you.
This seven week course includes 30 minutes of lessons and 30 minutes of practice time.
We have proficiency levels ranging from basic 1 through Pre-Freskate following the USFSA Learn to Skate curriculum.
- Snowplow Sam, levels 1-4: Geared towards children ages 3 to 5 years old who have limited or no ice skating experience. Enroll in Snowplaw Sam, level 1-2 if your child is a first time skater or level 3-4 if your child has graduated the level 1-2 program or is able to skate unassisted.
- Basic Skills, levels 1-6: Children ages 6 to 15 years old who have limited through advanced skating experience. Must complete Snowplow Sam and Basic Level 1-2 before being ready for levels 3+
- Hockey Skills, all ages: Designed to teach the basic fundamentals of hockey skating. This program has four levels in which skaters will learn how to maneuver on hockey skates faster and improve agility on the ice and handling a hockey stick. All elements are taught without a puck.
- Adult Class: For skaters ages 16 and up who have limited to no skating experience. A fun, recreational ice skating program for adults.
For more information or questions please contact Figure Skating Director via email:
SNOWPLOW SAM, BASIC SKILLS AND ADULT
- Loose, layered athletic wear
- Proper fitting skates (Skate rentals are $5.00/class)
- Gloves are recommended
- Hockey skates (Skate rentals are $5.00/class)
Masks must be worn inside building at all times except on ice.
For this program, ONLY ONE spectator per family will be permitted to enter the facility. Spectator will be assigned a seat in the bleachers, a mask must be worn at all times in the facility except on ice. Each spectator must fill out a COVID waiver form before entering the rink. All MHCC, Inc. Learn to Skate coaches will wear masks during class.
- For safety reasons parents are required to drop off and pick up skaters inside the building
- The Mid-Hudson Civic Center inc. skating school and its employees do not assume responsibility for children participating in classes at any time
- Second family member qualifies for 10% off the lowest priced program
- The family discount is not valid on Open Freestyle
- Payment in full due upon registration, no exceptions
- Returned checks will be charged a fee of $40
- There will be no refunds, no exceptions
WITHDRAWAL & REFUNDS
- There will be no refunds or credits
- NO EXCEPTIONS
MAKEUPS OR CREDITS
- There will be no makeup classes offered
- By registering, we expect you are prepared to commit to 7 week sessions for any classes
- Schedules are tentative and subject to change due to enrollment size and special events